Will zinc raise testosterone levels?

Patient

Q: Will zinc raise the testosterone level and how long will it take to notice a difference?

Doctor

A:   Though zinc is important in the production of natural testosterone, how much and when will the results be evident is anyone's guess. You can definitely raise your testosterone levels by eating more health foods and fats including salmon, tuna, nuts and seeds, avocados, olives and peanut butter.  Also exercise and losing body fat enhances testosterone production. Avoid alcohol and take foods rich in vitamins A,C,D and E. I wish you well, take care.