With an appendix is the pain a constant pain or

Patient: With an appendix is the pain a constant pain or intermitant. Asking because i do have crohns disease and this doesnt feel like it.

Doctor: HI.Read and understood that you already have Crohn’s and now suffering from pains which does not fit into Chrohn’s.Appendicitis can have both types of pains depending upon the pathology.1. The pain is intermittent is there is a fecolith without much of obstruction.2. The pain can be continuous once the inflammation and abscess formation sets in.I hope this explains that you have to have a confirmatory diagnosis and the best possible way is the contrast-enhanced CT scan of the abdomen.And the best possible diagnosis, its correlation to the other factors and the best possible treatment can be had from the Gastrointestinal Surgeon.Hope this helps you.