Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > With this picture, does it look like I have strep?

With this picture, does it look like I have strep?

Patient: Do I have strep? I took a picture of my throat just now and wanted an opinion if I should go to the doctors for antibiotics. Also is there any alternative to getting a culture swap?

Symptoms: Runny Nose, Sore Throat

With this picture, does it ...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,Yes, it looks like an inflamed soft palatine pharynx as well, mos t likely seen in cases of streptococcal infection. With accompanied running nose and soreness in throat, it is likely that you may get fever as well soon. I suggest you should be visiting your doctor and get a throat swab done to confirm the diagnosis and then be placed on antibiotics, like AZO 500mg once a day for 5 days along with warm saline water gargles thrice a day which shall relieve the pharyngeal deem and relieve the soreness.I hope i have answered your query,Wishing you good health,Regards