Withdrawing from Cymbalta

Patient

Q: Cymbalta 60 mg has 12 little pills inside the capsule. Is it reasonable to wean off this drug with my current doctors approval to reduce the little pills by one or two each month getting to zero after six month or one year to avoid possible problematic withdrawal issues?

Symptoms:  Extreme itching of the face and extreme hot flashes
Doctor

A:   Cymbata is an Serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor and not a medicine to play with on your own . After a careful study of your case and history your physician would decide the best way and best dosage to help you wean off the medicine. I recommened a thorough discussion of your queries with your physician as it would be inappropriate to comment on your queries without a proper detailed medical history . Hope this information was useful.