Withdrawl Symptoms Developing After Stopping Lexamil.

Patient : I went off of Lexamil one week ago.I was on it for almost a year. Now I am light headed, nauseous and have constant migraines. Is this normal and how long will the withdrawal last?-m sixteen
Doctor :   Sudden discontinuation of Lexamil (Escitalopram) may lead to the development of withdrawal symptoms. These include dizzi ness, anxiety, confusion, numbness and tingling sensations, headache, lethargy and insomnia. If you have decided to stop taking the drug, then you should be monitored by a health-care professional. If symptoms of withdrawal appear then you must consult your doctor who may gradually taper the drug.