Woke up with cramping muscle and extreme ringing ears

Patient

Q: I'm a 17 year old healthy male with no previous medical history, and I just woke up with severe cramping in my back and a very loud ringing in my ears, almost in a dreamlike state. I panicked and tried rising up, but when I did the ringing became so loud that I had to submit to lying in pain on the bed. It subsided in about a minute. I'm hoping it's temperature related as the only thing out of the ordinary was that I fell asleep on top of the cover.

Other, probably irrelevant, things that could be considered out of the ordinary would be that I eat very little overall and maybe that I tried out a completely new brand of energy drink about an hour before I went to sleep.

So I'm wondering if it could be dangerous, or perhaps just my dreaming brain that is conjuring tricks?

Doctor