Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Woke up with pain behind right shoulder blade It’s

Woke up with pain behind right shoulder blade It’s

Patient: Woke up with pain behind right shoulder blade. It’s a sharp pain. It hurts even when I breath in.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that you have a soft tissue injury. You can treat this by doing RICE therapy to help you with the recovery.Rest the area and do not lift too heavy weights or lift heavy weightsIce the area for 15 mins every hour to help you to reduce the swellingYou cannot Compress the areaElevate the area by lying on your front to allow the blood to flow to the heart.Hope this helps you. All the best.