Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Women and baby health

Women and baby health

Patient: Hello, My name is Amani .I am very warred because my period is late for long of 6 days, and did the pregnant test twice and all are negative ,is there any problem with me ??I love to be pregnant but there is no any of pregnant symptoms in my only I just feel tired and sleepy .please answer to as soon as possible.thank you

Symptoms: Tired and sleepy

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Since your pregnancy tests have been negative repeatedly, looks like there is no pregnan cy in this cycle .Get a beta hCG test done which will be more confirmative of ruling out a pregnancy.In case it is negative, you need not get disheartened.The problem can be addressed by getting yourself examined by a gynecologist and running a few investigation on you as well as your partner. A check on your hormone levels like FSH, LH, Thyroid and prolactin and routine blood and urine investigations may be needed.An ultrasound to look into your uterus, ovaries are also recommended.Also, your partner may need to undergo a semen analysis and a few blood investigation. Based on the results, any further investigations may be suggested by your doctor.Medications may be given accordingly. Generally the treatment is for 3 cycles and many women conceive in that time span. If not, further follow-ups may be required.Wish you all the luck for a conception, keep tryingRegards