Wondering about Pregnancy

Patient : Can I still be pregnant if I had heavy bleeding for a day with a negative pregnancy test?
Symptoms:  Nausea, sore breast, emotional
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. If you have missed you periods and have a negative pregnancy test (which was never pos itive), then you had heavy bleeding as well for a single day generally rules out pregnancy chances. But if the test has been done less than 7 days of missed or delayed period then better way to confirm or rule out pregnancy is serum beta hCG test, which is a lab-based test and is more sensitiveness specific than the urine pregnancy test. Hope this helps. Regards