Wondering if i have ankle instability

Q: In one year i have rolled the same ankle pretty badly 3 times, do i have ankle instability? (level 10 gymnast)
I first rolled it/sprained it last Oct., & I never quite let it heal properly. Then this summer, around June, I rolled it, & I got back into skills too quickly. Recently I rolled it when i took one step to go downstairs. I went to the doctor recently bc there's a bump on my ankle that's gotten bigger every time I've rolled it, & he said my tendons are "loose" basically. W/ how easily it rolls/sprains, i was wondering if i have ankle instability, or what i should do to stop this from occurring.