Ask The Doctor > Pending > Wondering if I re opened my severe mallory-weiss tear

Wondering if I re opened my severe mallory-weiss tear

Patient: Hi I just got home from the hospital a few hours ago where I had to have a wound in my throat cauterized and another banded. The doctor has is listed as an upper GI hemorrhage and a Mallory-Weiss tear. I was in the hospital for three days with no other signs of bleeding than black stool, which the doctor said was probably residual from the blood. My hemoglobin was back up to 12.9 when i left, from a low of 11.3 when I got there. Anyways, after arriving home I have had a few bouts with phlegm which have made me accidentally cough a few times. Now my voice is very scratchy and my throat is a little tender. I am worried I bursted my banding or cauterization. Would this be enough to break it?

Symptoms: Tender throat, scratchy voice, phlegm in throat

Doctor: