Working out but not losing weight

Patient: I am a female and I have been working out, intense interval work outs which include a lot of cardio and strength training work outs, 4-5 days a week, for over 5 weeks, and have adjusted my diet to 1400 calories a day with a balance of protein and vegetables and good carbohydrates. I am 27 years old, 5’0, and weight 184. I am trying to get fit and lose weight but I have lost NOTHING! I have no past health issues, what is the problem? What can I do differently? Should I seek medical help and if so what?

Symptoms: Feeling a bit tired, nothing too crazy, and occasional bloating

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.In the initial days of an exercise plan, fat is converted into muscle and weight gain, i nstead of loss is observed paradoxically. This is disheartening for many, but for the one who sticks to the plan, weight loss is observed soon. A medical advice is a must before any fitness regimen is started. Please discuss the other digestive problems when you see a doctor. Drink plenty of water.Hope this helps you.