Working with IPL Laser when pregnant

Patient : Hi I work as a Beauty Therapist and peform alot of IPL Laser Treatments. I just found out I am 5 wks pregnant and have been told by the company who supply and service our laser machine (Ellipse Light Therapy) that it is safe to keep performing these treatments in the Salon. I want so professional advise on this - is there any harm to the baby?
Doctor :   Though it is usually recommend for women to avoid laser hair removal during pregnancy, the effets of long term exposure of IPL equipments on the fetus are not known. Would definitely advise keeping away from the laser machines during the first 3 months of pregnancy as it is the crucial developmental phase in which various organs are developing in the baby.