Worried about being pregnant

Patient: Hiya I was wondering if you could help me please?I had sexual intercourse 7 months ago and I’ve had a period every month since then and this month I am a week late. But a few days ago I took two pregnancy tests the first one was negative when I first did it but when I went back to look at the test it showed positive. But when I did the second test that showed up as negative even a few hours later it still showed negative. So do you think I could be pregnant or not?

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you had regular periods after having intercourse the possib ility of pregnancy is less.Minor variations in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes like lifestyle modifications, stress and strain etc.Usually urine pregnancy test result should be considered immediately after adding urine.After some time it can give false positive result.As your second pregnancy test also gave negative result, the possibility of pregnancy is less.Possibly you may get your periods soon.Take care.