Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Worried about husband lying to me abuse of drugs

Worried about husband lying to me abuse of drugs

Patient: My husbandgot a prescription for Adderall 30 mg twice a day he decided to switch over to my doctor middle of his prescription and switch to EXR 30 mg once a day is that okay or is it normal to a doctor would tell him to supplement with the IR if XOR doesn’t work

Symptoms: Worries about husband

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Yes, it is quite normal to have the medication adjusted to the extended release if the regu lar strength is not having effect. If your husband has a documented diagnosis of ADHD, then he can be treated with adderall. Adderall is an amphetamine class of medication which can be addictive. If your husband takes his medication according to his prescription, and is regularly monitored by his doctor, his ADHD can safely be treated.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com