Worried about my baby and myself

Patient

Q: Hello, I am 23 weeks pregnant today. At my last ultrasound I was 19 weeks and found out the gender, a baby girl! But the ultrasound technician asked me if I have experienced any bleeding throughout this pregnancy and I haven't. Later that night the doctor called me and said that I have small hemmorhaging near the placenta. I am not too sure what exactly this means and I have been stressing about it ever since I found out. What does this mean? And what should I do to sustain the hemmorhaging?

Symptoms:  Cramping
Doctor

The presence of hemorrhage in front of placenta means that earlier in pregnancy there was bleeding between placenta and uterus which has stopped now and stabilized., so it appears as a lake. The concern is if this hemorrhage grows as in cases of progesterone deficiency seen early in 2nd trimester then chances of bleeding and abortion would have been there.
But now as the pregnancy and placenta has grown the bleeding is old and the only concern would be at third trimester when it may cause abruptio placenta and bleeding. So it is required to monitor its size regularly with ultrasound and keep a watch for any bleeding.
I hope i have answered your query,
regards