Worried about my inside upper cheek as I have lumps

Patient: Worried about my inside upper cheek as I have lumps and also a full feeling in my left ear for the last week

Worried about my inside upp...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.From what I can see, there is a puss-filled swelling inside the mouth on the right side which occurs mostly due to a bacterial infection.If the swelling keeps increasing in size it may have to be drained. I will advise you to get it physically examined by your physician who can recommend you both oral and topical antibiotics. The infection because of its proximity can cause a fullness like feeling in the ear. I will advise topical application of Metronidazole ointment as well as a course of Amoxycillin with a recommended dosage of 500 mg twice daily for adults for 7 days.The sooner you can start the treatment the better.Hope this was helpful,Regards.

Patient: You don’t think it could be cancer in your opinion?

Doctor: No, this doesn’t look like cancer, this looks like a localised abscess. Please continue the treatment for a week and let me know.
Regards.