Worried about my inside upper cheek as I have lumps

Patient : Worried about my inside upper cheek as I have lumps and also a full feeling in my left ear for the last week
Worried about my inside upp...-1
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. From what I can see, there is a puss-filled swelling inside the mouth on the right side which occurs mostly due to a bacterial infection. If the swelling keeps increasing in size it may have to be drained. I will advise you to get it physically examined by your physician who can recommend you both oral and topical antibiotics. The infection because of its proximity can cause a fullness like feeling in the ear. I will advise topical application of Metronidazole ointment as well as a course of Amoxycillin with a recommended dosage of 500 mg twice daily for adults for 7 days. The sooner you can start the treatment the better. Hope this was helpful, Regards.

Comments / Follow Ups

Patient: You don't think it could be cancer in your opinion?
Doctor: No, this doesn't look like cancer, this looks like a localised abscess. Please continue the treatment for a week and let me know.


Related Q&A

Q: It started yesterday in my outer Nostril fist it was red, dry then watery with pus . Then today it's yellowish swoll...

Q: 3 weeks ago I had throat infection and i took antibiotics but when the antibiotics finished my throat pain kept conti...

Q: Hello, I am currently a paramedic student working in South Africa. I had an incident when changing over a fluid bag ...

Q: Need help with CT scan, it says defined streaky opactiy with associated loss volume and clustered tree in bud nodules...

Q: I'm worried my tongue is not normal in color and panicking I have a disease I just had blood work and came back all g...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon