Worried about pregnancy

Patient

Q: Hello ,

I had sex on the 9th day of my cycle where I still had little blood left from my period it was last day of my period, we used double condom, and he pulled out way before he ejaculated, actually he was too tired and he didn't even ejaculate, he pulled out with the base of condom intact, we put condoms before any touch, and I did water test and there was no leakage or tear. Today or tomorrow should be the first day of my period, I am super worried, what are the chances to get pregnant, I read that precum contains sperm sometimes, i remember on the 13 day of my cycle, the saw the starting of ovulation mucus which usually comes in the middle of cycle, I did not follow up to see if next day I had the more slippery egg white mucus that they say is the peak mucus sign. It might be the initial LH rise, or it might be that I ovulated by day 12 or 13 of cycle, so i am worried that if there was any semen present in the precum, and it was able to escape the double condoms, that it lived inside to the day of ovulation.

please help I am super worried
thanks

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion.
If you were on the last day of your menses day 9, you were likely to be in your safe period when you had sex with your partner. Moreover, he had used double condom and that too there was no condom tear or any misadventure during the act. To add to that, he didn't ejaculate inside at all. The chances of pregnancy due to condom failure is around 1-3 per cent but due to double condom it is way increased to 0.1-0.2 %, so even if there would have been pre-cum, it would have remained inside the first condom closest to his skin itself and wouldn't have traveled across at all. So, there are no chances of pregnancy at all.
Even though you noticed ovulation, duly characterized by increased mucous vaginal discharge on day 12-14, in the absence of any condom tear, the chances of pregnancy are negligible. It is suggested that you should wait at least a week post your missed period date to actually allow your menses to resume as the primary cause in your case for the probable delay appears to be anxiety and stress-induced hormonal imbalance which can easily delay your menses.
If even after 7 days, your menses don't resume, then you may perform a urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy, but it is unlikely that your menses shall be delayed more than a week. So rest assured and stay calm. Just wait for a week more to allow your menses to resume without any fear of pregnancy.
I hope I have addressed your concerns in detail,
Wishing you good health,
Regards,