Worried about the location of my gap year because of my allergy.

Q: I have reacted to peanuts in the passed if i have eaten one and if i have touched one and then touched my face, my face seems to swell up and i am sick if i eat one. i have never been allergy tested but i presume it means i am allergic to them. Next August i am planning on taking a gap year in Australia and have recently accepted a job in Kingaroy, Kingaroy has Australia's largest peanut factory in the town- i have spoke to someone that lives in the town and they say they get hayfever from the peanut dust but thats all, i would like to know if its safe for me to go because i do not want to have a permanent swollen face. i also have asthma so would it affect that too?