Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Worried and nervous and not sure what to do.

Worried and nervous and not sure what to do.

Patient: In September missed a period then after that since it been lasting from 2 to 3 weeks. I just turned 49. Can you give me an idea with what’s going on.

Symptoms: A lot of acid reflux, heart burn other wise feel normal

Doctor: Hello.Thanks for the query.Missing a period for many cycles and having bleeding lasting for such a long time at yo ur age group is indicative of pre-menopausal symptoms. It may also be due to fibroid, endometrial hyperplasia, endometrial cancer, contraceptive side effects, thyroid dysfunction and hormonal imbalance.Kindly consider consulting a gynecologist for an examination and test like a pap smear, endometrial biopsy, ultrasound of the abdomen, blood, urine, liver and kidney function tests. The Doctor will treat you accordingly.Hope this helped.Regards