Worried if im a diabetic and not know.

Patient: Hi my names tyler, my concern or if i should be concerned at all is i constantly sweat when im not active. and it gives me the chills and i sweat even more. when i am being active or productive i dont sweat at all. Is it normal or no

Symptoms: Sweating. Shaking

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.This is not a symptom of diabetes. However its not a bad idea to get your blood sugar checked.The symptoms you are describing can be due to any of the following:1) Thyroid disorders like hyperthyroidism or grave’s disease.2) Idiopathic hyperhidrosis3) Anxiety disorderI would advise you to get your blood pressure checked. High blood pressure can also cause this. In fact episodic hypertension with flushing and sweating can be due to pheochromocytoma or carcinoid syndrome.See your doctor , he will order for you blood sugar, Thyroid profile and relevant investigations accordingly.I hope it helps.