Worried mommy to be

Patient : Im 7 weeks pregnant and after urinating when i wipe myself sometimes there is blood on the tissue. What is going on?
Symptoms:  Lite blood on tissue
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. We are not certain if the blood you are noticing after cleaning when urinating could be fro m your urethra/bladder of vaginal canal. If it is from the urethra, you may be developing a urinary tract infection. For this, you will have to promptly visit your doctor to be examined and start treatment with antibiotics. If this blood you are noticing is coming from the vaginal canal, then this may be a cause for concern. Hormonal changes during pregnancy can cause mild spotting however, certain conditions which can threaten the pregnancy can be associated with this. We recommend that you ere on the side of caution and see your obstetrician where you will be examined and conduct a urine test to determine if you indeed have a UTI. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com with your query.