Worrying swelling and crippling pain on upper thigh

Patient

Q: I recently had a mysterious boil or "ball" appear on my upper thigh near the growing area. right next to the genitals but on the thigh side of the connection site there is no pain in the growing area however the pain on the actual "ball" fluctuates from a 7 to 9 at times but is more rare and is based on a 1-10 scale rating I haven't had the chance to make a visit to the emergency room but took some steroid medication giving to my grandmother for a inflammation of fluids in her knee due to the entire loss of her knee.name as of right now unknown but begins with the prefix metha.... a small football shaped pill weight with two lines seperating it in to for parts on one side. the pill had wonderful effects and eliminated the pain and the "balls" size for a good 24 hours. but i stopped taking it(for fear of further damage) and it has grown in size and pain as previiously mentioned before drug intake)
along with the pain and swelling i seem to be urinating more often and the pain stops me from the simple task of walking.. i understand a E.R. visit is inedable but figured id try and find out thru this sight. if its any help im 24yrs. of age 5'8" 145lbs. please contact me with any information or advice you can offer. thank you for your time...
all of the above information is the best description i can give. please do not hesitate to ask any questions pertaining to this matter

Doctor