Would an ectopic pregnancy show up in a pregnancy test?

Q: Would an ectopic pregnancy show up in a pregnancy test? My expected period is tomorrow 5/2 and I took a first response pregnancy test 2 days ago 4/30 and it came out a solid negative. If I take another test tomorrow and another test Friday 5/08 can there be a chance it being ectopic and not reading through a test? I've been light bleeding for 7 days not with heavy discharge with it 3 days ago. Help. Thank you..

Symptoms:  Light bleeding, spotting, discharge, clumps of blood and gray in toilet.