Would having an absence in your kidney cause you to

Patient : Would having an absence in your kidney cause you to metabolize illegal substances such as methamphetamines slower than if you had 2 functioning kidneys?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to ATD. The metabolism of any product is by the kidney and the liver. The kidney can help you t o excrete the product and the liver will help you change the drug. A non-functioning kidney will cause a slower excretion rate from the kidney. Anyway, you should not be taking methamphetamine without a Doctor's prescription. Hope this helps you.