Would it be safe for a male with low testosterone levels to take Propecia to treat baldness?

Q: I am an 18 year old male and about a year ago I've noticed some hair loss. At the time it wasn't much at all but with time it's only gotten worse and at this point I don't think I can ignore it any further. It is almost completely focused on my hair line as well the sides of my head with next to none occurring in the crown. I was very surprised to be experiencing hair loss, especially at such an early age, for two reason. Firstly, there is pretty much none of it in my close family as far as I can tell. Neither my maternal grandfather or my father have really experienced it (not sure about my paternal grandfather). Secondly, as far as I understand it, male pattern baldness is caused by something genetic as well as high levels of testosterone. The thing is I am pretty sure I have fairly low levels of testosterone, below average for sure, which is why such aggressive hair loss at such a young age is especially surprising. This brings me to my question. Would it be safe for a male of my age with low testosterone to take Propecia? Would I be at a higher risk of the side effects? Thanks in advance for any input!