Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Would it be that i have asthma

Would it be that i have asthma

Patient: Its getting a bit worst normally everynight when i go to be i get awaken with a chronic cough and weezing i have trouble catching my breath and thru the day i have a itchy nose and my eyes get puffy.

Doctor: I understand your concern about possible asthma episode. In my opinion, to make the diagnosis of Asthma you must have to be evaluated by your physician for a more detailed consultation including history, physical exam and possible lung function testing.Also it appears that you are having an allergic reaction that might appear to be asthma. In the meantime I would suggest you to drink plenty of fluids; you might also want to try over the counter antihistamines until your doctor rules out other possibilities and treatment. I wish you a prompt recovery.