Would taken anti biotics like amoxacilen or novacain cause a false positive opioid test

Patient

Q: Would taken anti biotics like amoxacilen or novacain cause you to fale a drug screen for oxycodone or hyrodone?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Oxycodone and Hydrocodone are opiates. They are tested by using Urine. The test used to check for them checks for their byproducts in the urine.

It is thus very unlikely that the test will be positive with amoxicillin or novacain.

I recommend that you discuss this with your Doctor before getting the test done.

Wishing you the best.