Would taking sildenafil citrate (Viagra) made by Cipla cause someone

Patient

Q: Would taking sildenafil citrate (Viagra) made by Cipla cause someone to test positive on a military drug test?

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

Sildenafil citrate (Viagra) is rapidly absorbed and acts within 30 min to 1 h; It has a short plasma half-life of approximately 4 h.

So if the test is performed within 10 hrs of last intake then it can be detected in the blood but if the test is done after 24 hrs when the complete single dose of 200mg sidenafil citrate would be eliminated, then it would not be detectable then.

I hope I have answered you query,
Wishing you good health,