Would you please share with me the expected symptoms

Patient

Q: Would you please share with me the expected symptoms for this scenario? A functioning alcoholic consumes 1.75 liters of alcohol every 4 days, in the form of multiple straight shots every evening until blacking out. They suddenly stop drinking altogether. To what extent would withdrawal symptoms be present?

Doctor

A:   Hi
Thank you for the question,

Alcohol withdrawal syndrome (AWS) is the name for the symptoms that occur when a heavy drinker suddenly stops or significantly reduces their alcohol intake. With AWS, you may experience a combination of physical and emotional symptoms, from mild anxiety and fatigue to nausea. If you suddenly stop drinking, or significantly reduce the amount of alcohol you drink, it can cause a number of symptoms. These include anxiety, insomnia, heart rate changes, increased blood pressure, and delirium.
These are the symptoms:
-tremors
-anxiety
-nausea and/or vomiting
-headache
-increased heart rate
-sweating
-irritability
-confusion
-insomnia
-nightmares.
If you have severe AWS symptoms, it is a medical emergency. Then you may have to seek medical care.

I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.