Wound care

Patient : My son lost a few layers of skin on his palm when he fell from his bike. The flap of skin is hanging should we disattach it and should we cover it with Neo or just let it air out after disenfected and clean? Thank you.
Doctor :   Based on your description the wound does not seem to be deep and does not require any sutures (stitches). You may remove the flap of skin, clean the wound with an appropriate antiseptic solution such as Detol or hyrdrogen peroxide and then apply any over the counter antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin. You can also apply a bandage.