Wound Care after removal of cast after ORIF after ankle surgery

Q: Hi I had ORIF to the ankle in October. I had my cast removed after 6 weeks on Wednesday and still can't weight bear. My stiches were removed 4 weeks ago, scab has formed and dry, am I able to shower the area, bit concerned as I don't want to get infection. Both scars are still covered with dressings, Consultant said I could wash but am a little apprehensive. I would like to shower as the leg is very hairy and scaly from dry skin due to being in the cast. Your comments would very much be appreciated.