Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Wrist pain when pressure is placed on palm

Wrist pain when pressure is placed on palm

Patient: I am having pain i my wrist when i put pressure on it for example when i rest my head on my palm or when i use my palm to pushoff of something. on the top side of the hand the pain is mostly located between the capitate bone, trapezoid bone, 2nd and 3rd metacarpal.

Symptoms: Pain is mostly located between the capitate bone, trapezoid bone, 2nd and 3rd metacarpal

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.You may have had a ligament injury or a fracture to the area. Usually, fractures to smal l fingers do not need surgery. You can do the following to help you:Rest the hand and do not strain it too muchIce the hand for 15 mins at a time every hourCompress the hand to reduce the swelling in the handRaise the hand above the heart to reduce the swellingUse Brufen and Brugel to reduce the swelling and the painDo this for 3 days and if you are not better, then see a Doctor. Hope this helps you. All the best.