Wrist swollen after cast removal

Patient : Hello, I am 17 years old. I broke a growth plate of my radius in my wrist about a month ago. They put it in a cast for three weeks. After they removed the cast, doctor said that it is alright and even if he was expecting something else to happen, my growth plate simply disappeared. He said that I do not need any more special treatment. My wrist was at first stiff but after 5 days of exercises I could move it normally again. After a week I started to work out, because my doctor said that I can. However, I put quite a lot weight. It hurt a littlebit at the begining but after three days it got okay. I kept working out for 6 days. This Sunday night however, my wrist got swollen after work out. I iced it and on Monday went to ask my athletic trainer what to do. He said that I just put to much preassure on it and that I have to rest it. However, it is still swollen tonight and it did not get any better. I can feel a little pain in my wrist now. Can you please tell me what might be reason of this and what should I do? Thank you, Dan
Symptoms:  Little pain - more like preassure inside, swollen
Doctor :   Hello Thank you for posting your query on ATD. I have gone through your query and understand your concern.You got m ore pressure during work out on the wrist. This can be the cause of your increased swelling. I think you should rest your wrist for nearly 2 more weeks. You can do mobilisation exercises of the wrist but you should avoid work out for nearly 2 weeks. Hope your query got answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.