Xarelto with alcohol

Q: I just had blood clots in my right leg, hip, and lower core area, so now I am on xarelto. I am supposed to take 20mg a day of xarelto. I was wondering if it is still okay to drink alcohol? If so, how many drinks is too many (I usually drink about 10 standard drinks in a night when I do drink)? And, if it helps any, would it help if don't take my xarelto on the day I want to drink (I only drink once a week)? Because this is really just a preventative drug to reduce my chance of getting blood clots again, is it absolutely mandatory that I take a pill every day? I mean, if I don't take the pill it's not like my body is going to go crazy because I it absolutely needs the pill.

Symptoms:  I had blood clots making me have leg pain, shortness of breath, and increased heart rate. I am now on blood thinners and now have less control over bleeding.