Yaz pill, not had my periods for 3 months now.

Patient

Q: Hi Doctor, My name is sarah and I just have a quick question to ask you. I am taking the pill yaz for almost three months now and still have not received a period yet, can you tell me is this common or should I be worried? Would you also be able to tell me when I should be getting a period on Yaz, is it on the white pills or no? Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you. Sincerely, Sarah

Doctor

A:   You should have your periods (or at least spottings) while on white pills of the yaz pack. Although one may miss a period or two while on yaz, missing 3 periods in a row may be a little concerning. It would be best to see a gynecologist for further assessment and any possibility of pregnancy. You may take a home pregnancy test in case of doubts.