Yeast infection

Q: Im 19 and i just got my first yeast infection. how do i use monistat? and would it efect your but with eritation?

A:   Signs and symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection are a white cheesy discharge that typically itches and irritates the vagina and surrounding outer tissues. On occasion there may be pain with sexual intercourse or burning with urination.
Yeast infections usually are treated with an antifungal cream or suppository, such as miconazole (Monistat), clotrimazole (Gyne-Lotrimin) and tioconazole (Vagistat). Yeast infections may also be treated with an oral antifungal medication, such as fluconazole (Diflucan).
If you are using miconazole vaginal cream or suppositories, read the instructions provided with the medication and follow these steps:
Fill the special applicator that comes with the cream to the level indicated, or unwrap a suppository and place it on the applicator as shown in the instructions.
Lie on your back with your knees drawn upward and spread apart.
Gently insert the applicator into the vagina, and push the plunger to release the medication.
Withdraw the applicator.
Discard the applicator if it is disposable. If the applicator is reusable, pull it apart and clean it with soap and warm water after each use.
Wash your hands promptly to avoid spreading the infection.