Yeast Infection and STD ?

Q: Recently I went to the doctor because I was getting this thick discharge. It didn't smell bad but it did smell a stranger than usual. My vagina itched also itched a little. I didn't want to think it was an std since I trusted my partner. We haven't had sex in over a month. As soon as the doctor saw me he said it was a yeast infection. I got treated for it and since I felt better, no symptoms or smell. I then got a letter from the hospital saying I need to come back in for results; turns out I had Chlamydia. I told my partner but he said he's never noticed nor felt different. Is it possible to have both a yeast infection and an STD?

A:   Thank you for your question. It is very common to contract commons sexually transmitted infections (STIs) like chlamydia along with a yeast infection. Luckily, the chlamydia is easily treated with excellent recovery. We would recommend you discuss with you partner about being checked out themselves and treated for any STIs if found. In the meantime we strongly recommend using condoms to protect against any future STIs.

Thank you for choosing