Yeast infection the cause of my hormonal changes

Q: Hi, I'm 19 years old and I don't have regular periods..I usually have 2-4 a year. Recently I've had sex twice without a condom and we used the pull out method and I took a pregnancy test about two weeks later and it came out negative. The second time I had sex I was getting the flu that day. After that, the next day i had tender nipples for a week and I still have them but i been putting a cream on them thats been helping with the tenderness a lot. Ione of the nipples no longer hurts just only one does. Also got a yeast infection and I'm using monistat 7. I was wondering if it's just my hormones changing because of the yeast infection?

Symptoms:  Tender nipples, little shivers, stuffy nose, congested chest

A:   Hi
The tenderness of the nipples is a part of the premenstrual symptoms which generally presents with breast tenderness, shivering, generalised weakness, anxiety etc. Since pregnancy test is negative, this is due to premenstrual hormonal changes.
The reason for your irregular pattern of cycles could be polycystic ovarian syndrome, anaemia, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin hormonal changes, stress or a uterine pathology. I suggest you to consult a gynecologist and get the relevant investigations done which includes hormonal tests, haematological investigations and ultrasound if needed along with a clinical examination. Suggest you to drink plenty of fluids, have a nutritious diet rich in iron and protein content, maintain the right weight for your height and follow a regular exercise pattern. Meditation helps reduce the stress levels too. This would regularise your cycles.