Yeast infection, UTI

Patient

Q: I had a bad case of UTI In jun2011 which took 3 months of trying different antibiotics to cure it. Then had yeast infections for which i took fluconozole several times. Though the UTI had gone I still had burning during Urination, it was only at the start and end of the stream. But urineanalysis showed no bacteria. An ultrasound of the vagina, urinary bladder showed nothing wrong.
But I observe that at certain times in the month my vulva is white. But when I go to the obgyn, the tests show no yeast infection. Could I be having an yeast infection on and off and that is what is causing the burning?.
(the area around my urethra is white and it clears temporarily and comes back when I apply 'Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide' cream given by my obgyn)

Doctor