Yeast infections while pregnant

Patient

Q: Ok I am 21 weeks pregnant I have had vaginal discharge and sever itching in the vaginal area I was reading a article about Thrush and as I got to the symptoms it sounded like that may be what I have. I called my doctor before I read the article and the nurse told me to try a 7 day OTC drug monistat 7 if it is thrush that I have will the thrush go away after using the monistat 7?

Symptoms:  Redness, vaginal discharge, some swelling in the vaginal area, hurts to pee some times and severe itching
Doctor