Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Yellowish bad smelling discharge from my penis what is that?

Yellowish bad smelling discharge from my penis what is that?

Patient: Yellowish bad smelling discharge from my penis what is that?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.You need to get your urine checked i mmediately. It mostly points towards a urinary tract infection, however, if you have been exposed to STDs, it could be due to gonorrhoea.I will advise you to consult your local physician and get the tests done to confirm. You need to be put on antibiotics. A good choice antibiotic for such infections would be Tab. Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for 7 days. The sooner the treatment is initiated the better if there is a possibility of an STD.Hope this was helpful,Regards