Yes I just noticed that both of my ankles and

Q: Yes I just noticed that both of my ankles and feet are swollen. They weren't like that this morning just got home from work. Can you tell me why they would swell like that?

Symptoms:  Feet are both swollen

Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query.

Swollen ankles and swollen feet are common and usually not cause for concern, particularly if you have been standing or walking a lot. But feet and ankles that stay swollen or are accompanied by other symptoms could signal a serious health problem.Here are some possible causes of foot and ankle swelling :-
being overweight
standing for prolonged periods of time
being confined for long periods of time (especially during car rides or flights)
taking estrogen or testosterone
taking certain antidepressants, such as tricyclics or MAO inhibitors
taking certain blood pressure medications
taking steroids
taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)

Other medical conditions or changes in your body can also cause your legs, feet, and ankles to swell. These include:
a blood clot of the leg
an infection in the leg area
venous insufficiency (when the veins are not adequately pumping blood)
organ failure (particularly in the heart, liver, or kidney)
pericarditis (a swelling of the membrane around the heart)
lymphedema (a condition that causes blockages in the lymph system)
cirrhosis (scarring on the liver)

There are several measures you can try at home if your feet, legs, and ankles regularly swell up. These can help relieve swelling when it occurs and possibly help to prevent it.

You should try to elevate your legs whenever you are lying down, to a position above your heart. You may want to place a pillow under your legs to make it more comfortable.

You can also:
stay active and focus on exercising the legs
try to reduce your salt intake
avoid the use of garters
maintain a healthy body weight
purchase support stockings.
choose clothing that fits loosely around your thigh area
make an effort to stand up and move around on a regular basis during air travel

If you experience any of the following symptoms along with foot, leg, and ankle swelling, you should go to the nearest emergency room right away:
pain, pressure, or tightness in the chest area
feelings of faintness
trouble breathing or shortness of breath

Hope this helps. Take care.