Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Yesterday I went to open my window to my car

Yesterday I went to open my window to my car

Patient: Yesterday I went to open my window to my car and as soon as I straightened my elbow it started to get a sharp pain on the outside part. Now every time I straighten my arm it hurts and feels like something is getting pinched. To touch my elbow though does not hurt just when it’s moved a certain way. Ibuprofen didn’t seem to help neither did ice.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.From the exposure you had, a possibility of a nerve injury seems remote. You may have sprained a ligament and hence you are experiencing pain on movements.You can continue with Ibuprofen, the pain will gradually come down over the next 2-3 days.If it does not please get an x-ray of the elbow and proceed.Hope this was helpful,Regards