Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Yesterday morning i experience loss of hearing halfway

Yesterday morning i experience loss of hearing halfway

Patient: Yesterday morning i experience loss of hearing halfway in my left ear. It’s been happening ever since. It feel like there headphones in my ear. Is this something serious or temporary?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.This is not uncommon to have this symptoms loss of hearing halfway through. You are feel ing like there is an earphone in the ear.The commonest cause is impaction of the wax. Whenever this is a block, the canal you will get a feeling of hte blockage.The best solution is to get a confirmed diagnosis by an ENT examination, and to remove the wax, or treat the middle ear infection if it seen.This way a proper diagnosis and treatment can be instituted and you get cured.I hope this answer helps you.