Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Young male with bladder problems

Young male with bladder problems

Patient: I keep leaking pee after I go I’m only 17 and a male. I’ve never had unprotected sex before and it usually happens like randomly for three months now and idk what it is. I don’t have any pain and I don’t bleed. I feel like I have to go constantly and whenever I do it’s always a small amount.

Symptoms: Leaking after urinating. Feeling like I have to go constantly. Small amount of urine only coming out. Feeling like I have to go to the bathroom during sex.

Doctor: Hello,The symptom you are experiencing is called urgency where possible due to infection and detrusor instability, ev en small amount of urine may initiate a micturition reflex causing the need to urinate.You are required to get a urine routine microscopy and urine culture test done to rule out any infection . Also, if infection is negated , then you should meet your physician for a possible urodynamic studies which can differentiate between urge incontinence or overactive bladder.It however appears to be a urinary tract infection which can be treated with a course of antibiotics in a week. In the meantime you may increase your water intake to 5 litres a day to help flush out infection earlier naturally.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health, regards