Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Young teen worrying about pregnancy but can’t tell because of irregular periods

Young teen worrying about pregnancy but can’t tell because of irregular periods

Patient: Hi. This is really imporstant. Me and my boyfriend decided to wait to have sex. We were fooling around. He had precum go through his pants and he touched it. Then he touched me down there. Is there anyway I could get pregnant from that? I can’t tell if I could get pregnant because my periods have been irregular for awhile. I’m young. I’m just really scared…

Doctor: Though the likelihood of you being pregnant is minimal, I would suggest that you get a home pregnancy test to rule out p regnancy as the cause of the delayed periods.I would suggest that you consult your doctor if your periods have been irregular for more than 3-4 months.