Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Youth sexual health questions and concerns. Lack of sexual interest.

Youth sexual health questions and concerns. Lack of sexual interest.

Patient: I am a 17 year old female who has been sexually active for 3 years now, but have only ever been aroused while sleepingdreaming. What’s wrong with me?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Lack of sexual arousal in females can be seen due to many phys ical and psychological causes like, pain during intercourse, fatigue, loss of interest in intercourse, using drugs like antidepressants, disharmony with the partner, previous negative sexual experiences, fear of pregnancy or sexual transmitted diseases etc.With proper councilling and building good relationship with partner this can be overcomed to some extent.Take care.