ZMA drug interactions

Patient : Is ZMA safe to take if one also takes Crestor and Herbasser. Of course the ZMA is taken a few hours after these drugs. Thank you
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. We are not aware of any adverse side effects with the components within ZMA (Zinc monomethi onine , aspartate and Magnesium Aspartate) on your current medications of rosuvastatin (crestor) and diltiazem (herbasser). Certain supplements may decrease the efficacy of prescription medications and may possibly result in adverse interactions with your medication. Furthermore, we cannot be certain of the safety and efficacy of this supplement because it is not approved by the Food and Drug Administration. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you use caution if you would like to take this supplement, or it would be best to consult you personal physician who has a better understanding of you health conditions and risk factors in order to be certain if you can safely take this supplement. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com with your medication query.