Zoloft and Testosterone Boosters

Patient

Q: Is it safe to take a supplement that contains Tribulus Terrestris extract and GABA (y- Aminobutyric Acid) while taking 100mg of Zoloft?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Sertraline (Zoloft) is a selective serotonine reuptake inhibitor class of antidepressant medication. There are no documented contraindications between taking Tribulus Terrestris extract and GABA (y- Aminobutyric Acid) along with Sertraline. However, it is important to note that alternative supplements are generally not approved or tested by the Food and Drug Administration and as such, their safety and efficacy are at question. It may in fact not be safe to take these supplements with Sertraline. For this reason we want to encourage you refrain from taking this supplement until there is evidence that supports its safety and efficacy.

We hope AskTheDoctor.com has addressed your concern.